A classic Atlanta office building repurposed as a quiet, out-of-the-way hotel.
This former Connally office building designed and built in 1915 originally was only six stories high. William L. Stoddart, who also designed the Georgian Terrace and the Winecoff (today the Ellis Hotel), was its architect. In the 1980s, an additional eleven stories were added, and the building became a hotel. Remaining from the original design are the terra cotta façade on the lower stories and the brass window frames. A complete renovation was finished in 2012, refurbishing every aspect of the hotel, including the fitness center and the 156 accommodations, all of which are suites (ten are ADA adapted). Although part of a chain, the hotel feels very "boutique," and the color scheme is neutral with orange-rust accents and butter walls. Beds are either kings or a pair of doubles, and sofas pull out to provide an extra bed. In-room conveniences include microwaves, coffeemakers and mini-refrigerators, as well as three telephones. Some accommodations have whirlpool tubs. A complimentary hot breakfast bar is offered to guests. Approximately 1,100 square feet of meeting space appeals to small groups. A complimentary shuttle will transport guests to the World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Aquarium and other sites within two to three miles of the hotel. Underground Atlanta also is nearby. The hotel is popular with families and tourists attending Braves' games--a shuttle to Turner Field is handy--and Falcons' games. There is an on-site laundry.