by: Sophie Gayot
We are always sad to see restaurants close, but we are always happy to see more opening to please our palates. For the GAYOT.com 2011 Restaurant Issue, we have selected 10 new restaurants that opened in 2010 and for which we foresee a great future, either for their cuisine, ambience, location, or a combination of all three.
The other awards listed in the GAYOT.com 2011 Restaurant Issue are:
– Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S., Nine of these did not appear on last year’s list, and three of those are gracing the list for the very first time,
– U.S. Restaurateur of the Year
– Top 40 Cheap Eats in the U.S. – good choices for the budget-conscious
– 5 Rising Chefs – American chefs under 30 who are making their mark
– Top 10 Steakhouses in the U.S. – which celebrity chefs make the best steak?
– Top 10 Hotel Restaurants in the U.S. – Only 3 remain from last year
– Top 10 Insider Picks in the U.S. – published for the first time, this list reveals where to dine for a taste of local flavor, good food and good times
– Culinary Trends for 2011.
We look forward to your feedback and suggestions in the “Leave a comment” area below (click on the “Continue reading” link, if necessary) or in our Top 40 Restaurant forum.
You can click on each photo to enlarge to see dishes from Comme Ca restaurant menu. All photos by Sophie Gayot.