- No categories
by Sophie Gayot
Since his daily show, the KNX Business Hour, airs locally, we discussed the Los Angeles winners in the following categories:
- Top 40 Restaurants in the US — there were five local winners: Mélisse, Patina, Providence, Spago Beverly Hills, Urasawa
- Top 10 New Restaurants in the US — The Royce was our choice
- Top 10 Steakhouses in the US — CUT at the Beverly Wilshire
- Top 10 Insider Picks in the US — The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
- Top 5 Rising Chefs in the US — Chef Jordan Kahn at Red Medicine.
If you missed the show, you can listen to it here.
by: Sophie Gayot
“It’s like a Mardi Gras in your mouth!” proclaimed a guest at our table while dining at K-Paul’s Louisiana Kitchen, chef Paul Prudhomme’s restaurant in the French Quarter in New Orleans. I wish I had come up with that apt description, as it is exactly what the food is: colorful, vibrant and lots of fun.
As dishes kept coming to the table, it was clear that I could not eat all of them (see photos below), so I was reduced to smell, sample and taste only a few bites. My big regrets were that I could not take them home for the next day as I was staying in a New Orleans hotel while dining around the city to immerse myself in Louisiana‘s tastes and flavors. But let’s be clear, the flavors from chef Paul are unique. And they are so much to the point that he has now published nine cookbooks, and has his own line of dry spices, rubs, bottled sauces and marinades called Magic Seasoning Blends.