- No categories
by Sophie Gayot
Since his daily show, the KNX Business Hour, airs locally, we discussed the Los Angeles winners in the following categories:
– Top 40 Restaurants in the US — there were five local winners: Mélisse, Patina, Providence, Spago Beverly Hills, Urasawa
– Top 10 New Restaurants in the US — The Royce was our choice
– Top 10 Steakhouses in the US — CUT at the Beverly Wilshire
– Top 10 Insider Picks in the US — The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
– Top 5 Rising Chefs in the US — Chef Jordan Kahn at Red Medicine.
If you missed the show, you can listen to it here.
on February 11th, 2011Print This Post
by: Sophie Gayot
Parece que los EE.UU. no es el único país interesado en el GAYOT.com 10 mejores nuevos restaurantes en los EE.UU. que nos aparece en la edición 2011 Restaurante. Miércoles por la tarde, tuve el placer de discutir nuestras selecciones con el famoso periodista colombiano Jaime Sánchez Cristo en su programa dario de radio “Los Originales”, que se transmite de Colombia en La X 103.9 FM. Usted puede escuchar la entrevista, tanto en Inglés y Español, y escuchar los nombres de los ganadores.
It seems that the US is not the only country interested in the GAYOT.com Top 10 New Restaurants in the US that we published in the 2011 Restaurant Issue. Wednesday afternoon, I had the pleasure of discussing our selections with famous Colombian journalist Jaime Sánchez Cristo on his daily radio show Los Originales that airs from Colombia on La X 103.9 FM. You may listen to the interview, both in English and Spanish, and hear the names of the winners.
by: Sophie Gayot
We are always sad to see restaurants close, but we are always happy to see more opening to please our palates. For the GAYOT.com 2011 Restaurant Issue, we have selected 10 new restaurants that opened in 2010 and for which we foresee a great future, either for their cuisine, ambience, location, or a combination of all three.
The other awards listed in the GAYOT.com 2011 Restaurant Issue are:
– Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S., Nine of these did not appear on last year’s list, and three of those are gracing the list for the very first time,
– U.S. Restaurateur of the Year
- Top 40 Cheap Eats in the U.S. – good choices for the budget-conscious
– 5 Rising Chefs – American chefs under 30 who are making their mark
– Top 10 Steakhouses in the U.S. – which celebrity chefs make the best steak?
– Top 10 Hotel Restaurants in the U.S. – Only 3 remain from last year
– Top 10 Insider Picks in the U.S. – published for the first time, this list reveals where to dine for a taste of local flavor, good food and good times
– Culinary Trends for 2011.
by Jennifer Olvera
Back in the day, lushes in Chicago could booze it up, get grub to soak it up and—if that failed—get a room for the night under the same roof. Reviving the tradition: Longman & Eagle, a vintage-inspired saloon with rough-hewn-chic vibe. It’s from the folks behind The Empty Bottle, Mode Carpentry and Struggle Inc., and it’s rolling out the first phase—a seasonally minded gastropub—January 20.
Jared Wentworth, fresh from Quinn’s in Seattle, is in the kitchen, and his menu has us enamored at first glance. First up are small plates like a wild boar sloppy Joe with crispy sage, onion and pickled jalapeño and smoked sweetbreads with salsify, roasted beets and brown butter applesauce. Using willpower, we’ll save room for the charmoula-spiced tuna loin (the pairing of cannellini bean ragout and black trumpet mushrooms in foie broth sounds too good to pass by).