- No categories
by Sophie Gayot
Since his daily show, the KNX Business Hour, airs locally, we discussed the Los Angeles winners in the following categories:
– Top 40 Restaurants in the US — there were five local winners: Mélisse, Patina, Providence, Spago Beverly Hills, Urasawa
– Top 10 New Restaurants in the US — The Royce was our choice
– Top 10 Steakhouses in the US — CUT at the Beverly Wilshire
– Top 10 Insider Picks in the US — The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
– Top 5 Rising Chefs in the US — Chef Jordan Kahn at Red Medicine.
If you missed the show, you can listen to it here.
Of the Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S. selected, 9 of them did not appear on last year’s list, and 3 of those are gracing the list for the very first time. Other lists include:
Top 10 New Restaurants in the U.S. – great places that opened in 2010
Top 40 Cheap Eats in the U.S. – good choices for the budget-conscious
5 Rising Chefs – American chefs under 30 who are making their mark
Top 10 Steakhouses in the U.S. – which celebrity chefs make the best steak?
Top 10 Hotel Restaurants in the U.S. – Only 3 remain from last year
Top 10 Insider Picks in the U.S. – published for the first time, reveals where to dine for a taste of local flavor, good food and good times.
The issue also explores the major Culinary Trends for 2011, and includes exclusive video interviews with many of the winners, as the one above with chef Craig Strong from Studio at Montage Laguna Beach.