by Sophie Gayot
On Valentine’s Day, I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Frank Mottek of KNX1070 about our 2011 Restaurant Issue.
Since his daily show, the KNX Business Hour, airs locally, we discussed the Los Angeles winners in the following categories:
– Top 40 Restaurants in the US — there were five local winners: Mélisse, Patina, Providence, Spago Beverly Hills, Urasawa
– Top 10 New Restaurants in the US — The Royce was our choice
– Top 10 Steakhouses in the US — CUT at the Beverly Wilshire
– Top 10 Insider Picks in the US — The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
– Top 5 Rising Chefs in the US — Chef Jordan Kahn at Red Medicine.
If you missed the show, you can listen to it here.
I also mentioned Cleo and Savory, two new restaurants, for their very reasonable prices. For more about new restaurants in Los Angeles, visit GAYOT.com’s New & Notable list.
by: Sophie Gayot
To make our annual list of the Top 5 Rising Chefs in the US, there are two rules: the chefs have to be under 30, and have to be quite talented, with expectation of a bright future in the highest echelon of the culinary world.
Watch my exclusive video interview above with chef Jordan Kahn of Red Medicine in Beverly Hills, and see why we made him one of our selections.
Continue reading “GAYOT.com 2011 Top 5 Rising Chefs in the US” »