by Sophie Gayot
On Valentine’s Day, I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Frank Mottek of KNX1070 about our 2011 Restaurant Issue.
Since his daily show, the KNX Business Hour, airs locally, we discussed the Los Angeles winners in the following categories:
– Top 40 Restaurants in the US — there were five local winners: Mélisse, Patina, Providence, Spago Beverly Hills, Urasawa
– Top 10 New Restaurants in the US — The Royce was our choice
– Top 10 Steakhouses in the US — CUT at the Beverly Wilshire
– Top 10 Insider Picks in the US — The Bazaar by José Andrés at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills
– Top 5 Rising Chefs in the US — Chef Jordan Kahn at Red Medicine.
If you missed the show, you can listen to it here.
I also mentioned Cleo and Savory, two new restaurants, for their very reasonable prices. For more about new restaurants in Los Angeles, visit GAYOT.com’s New & Notable list.
by: Sophie Gayot
As I headed to Pasadena to check out The Royce, the new restaurant at The Langham Huntington Hotel & Spa, I had no doubt that the décor would be better than that of the space’s former inhabitant, The Dining Room, which sported probably the most boring room of the past few years of such a high level restaurant. I was worried about the chef, who had a tough act to follow in Michael Voltaggio, and previously Craig Strong. But I had nothing to fear, as chef David Féau prepared quite a spectacular dinner.
Continue reading “Good Room, but the Chef?” »