Grilled Summer Vegetables with Feta Vinaigrette - Recipe
Summer is finally here and it's time to fire up the grill! Our version of Grilled Summer Vegetables with Feta Vinaigrette proves that barbecues aren't just for meat. You'll get a plateful of seasonal vegetables that have that delicious chargrilled taste as well as the Mediterranean flavors of feta vinaigrette dressing.
3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise
1 red onion, sliced thin
2 yellow summer squashes, thinly sliced
2 firm, ripe tomatoes, sliced in 1/4-inch slices
1/2 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed
2 portabella mushrooms, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
2 red or yellow peppers, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. garlic, chopped
1/3 cup crumbled feta
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. finely chopped basil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place all vegetables in large bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Grill over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Check frequently to avoid burning. Transfer to serving platter.
- In small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for feta vinaigrette.
- Drizzle feta vinaigrette over grilled vegetables and garnish with basil.
Note: May be made ahead of time and served at room temperature. Use leftovers in sandwiches or salads.
Calories per serving: 110
Calorie equivalent: 2 vegetables
|Recipe created by Paulette Lambert, R.D., C.D.E. (pictured). Lambert is director of nutrition for California Health & Longevity Institute, located within Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. With more than 25 years of experience in private practice after an extensive clinical education, Lambert has wide-ranging experience in clinical nutrition and the development of individualized dietary plans.