Thai Shrimp - Recipe
Add the exotic flavors of Thai cuisine to your cooking with this recipe for Thai shrimp. This tasty treat, seasoned with peanuts and cilantro and served with brown rice and edamame, is one way to keep your seafood light and healthy.
1 1/2 lbs. large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
3 Tbsp. lime juice
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 pkg. frozen organic brown rice (2 cups)
1 cup frozen, shelled edamame beans
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place shrimp in ziplock bag with olive oil and salt. Close tightly and mix well.
- In small bowl, mix fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Place peanuts in small ziplock bag and crush with kitchen mallet.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook until just pink and opaque.
- Remove from grill and place on serving platter. Sprinkle shrimp with lime juice mixture, chopped peanuts, and cilantro.
- Serve with brown rice and edamame
Calories per serving: 240
Calorie equivalent: 5 oz. protein
|Recipe created by Paulette Lambert, R.D., C.D.E. (pictured). Lambert is director of nutrition for California Health & Longevity Institute, located within Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village. With more than 25 years of experience in private practice after an extensive clinical education, Lambert has wide-ranging experience in clinical nutrition and the development of individualized dietary plans.