Since 1969, restaurant, hotel, travel & other witty reviews by a handpicked, worldwide team of discerning professionals—and your views, too.

THIS RESTAURANT IS CLOSED Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon

5370 Mayfield Rd. Send to Phone
440-442-1243

Cuisine
Open
Lunch & Dinner daily
Features

* Click here for rating key

THIS RESTAURANT IS CLOSED Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Restaurant Review

: The parking lot at this yee-ha bar-restaurant is always packed, and in the evening, due to the well-priced kid’s menu, the restaurant is usually packed with families. The big draws are the well-prepared, fairly-priced prime steaks (6 oz. ’baby’ filets, 9 oz. cut-with-a-fork sirloins, 20 oz. T-bones, etc.) that you pick out in the well-iced display case in the kitchen and the hefty designer burgers (with all the trimmin’s) that take up 90% of the menu. The other 10% is what the place calls lite-bite fare---tasty appetizers (the huge, batter-dipped and deep-fried ’tumbleweed’ onion and Cajun-grilled shrimp are best sellers) that go well with the bar’s excellent selection of beers; chili (delish!); a stew-like steak soup; and meal-in-a-bowl salads (accompanied by big loaves of brown bread), that will also leave you waddling when you leave. Desserts are simple---cherry cobbler and an ice cream-topped brownie the last time we dined---but always portioned for two. Until recently they plopped huge buckets of in-the-shell peanuts on the table as you sat down and you snacked on peanuts and tossed the shells on the floor. Law suits---people slipping on the shells---have halted that!



2017 RESTAURANT AWARDS

GAYOT's Annual Restaurant Awards honor America's best chefs, as well as promising newcomers and a top restaurateur.