4 Gin Cocktail Recipes
Part of the Pernod Ricard group, the world’s second-largest wine and spirits seller, Malfy Gin, a super-premium Italian gin, wants to encapsulate the spirit of the Amalfi Coast in a bottle. The distillery is in Moncalieri, just outside the city of Torino, an area famous for its production of fine wines and spirits.
The line includes four flavors: Malfy con Limone, Malfy con Arancia, Malfy Gin Rosa and Malfy Originale. They all bear the “GQDI” stamp, which stands for Gin di Qualità Distillato in Italia, with an ABV of 41%. It is distilled with fine botanicals including hand-picked juniper, Italian lemons, pink grapefruits and oranges and married with Italian water, making it a unique gin. Malfy Gin is produced using vacuum distillation, also called cold-distillation. This uses a lower temperature and is how the botanicals stay fresh and flavorful. To keep it “Fatto in Italia,” the stopper is made from Italian oak.
Malfi Gin has created four craft cocktails. Find the recipes below.
• More from Malfy Gin: Stuffed Porchetta Recipe.
> JUST PUBLISHED! GAYOT’s 2022 Restaurant Awards. See the Winners.
1. Frutta Candita
– 1.2 oz. (35 ml) Malfy Gin Rosa
– 0.5 oz. (20 ml) apricot cream
– 5 oz. (150 ml) ginger beer
– candied ginger and mint
· Build in a highball over cubed ice.
· Garnish with candied ginger and a mint leaf.
2. Malfy Rosa Gin & Tonic
– 1 part Malfy Gin Rosa
– 3 parts premium tonic water
– Pink grapefruit wheel and rosemary sprig
· Build ingredients in a copa glass over cubed ice and gently stir to combine.
· Garnish with a wheel of pink grapefruit and a sprig of rosemary.
3. Gingerino Highball
– 1.5 oz. (50 ml) Malfy Con Arancia
– 0.15 oz. (5 ml) cinnamon syrup
– Franklin & Sons Mandarin & Ginger Soda*
· Build in a highball glass.
· Garnish with a Mandarin wedge.
· *If not available, use regular tonic water and 3 dashes of orange bitters.
– 1.2 oz. (35 ml) Malfy Gin Originale
– 1 oz. (25 ml) Italian bitter apéritif
– 1 oz. (25 ml) sweet vermouth
– Orange slice
· In a mixing glass, add all 3 ingredients over ice and stir.
· Strain over ice and garnish with an orange slice.
5. Amalfi Settantacinque
– 1 oz. (25 ml) Malfy Con Limone
– 0.6 oz, (20 ml) clementine juice
– 0.5 oz. (15 ml) simple syrup
– 0.6 oz. (20 ml) lemon juice
– 2.5 oz. (75 ml) Champagne
· Shake the first four ingredients and strain in a flute.
· Top with Champagne.
· Garnish with a lemon twist and star anise.