National Cocktail Day: Almost Famous Cocktail Recipe
A new cocktail for National Cocktail Day
To celebrate the day for those of us who like cocktails, happening on March 24, chef/owner Michael Simhai of Della Terra in Los Angeles has reinterpreted the classic French 75.
Follow the recipe with our exclusive video.
– 1.5 oz. Empress 1908 Gin
– 0.5 oz. St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
– 0.5 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 0.5 oz. simple syrup
– 2 to 3 oz. chilled Champagne (enough to top the glass)
• In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, pour the gin, St-Germain, simple syrup and lemon juice
• Shake well
• Strain into a chilled Champagne flute
• Slowly fill with Champagne
• Garnish with a lemon twist