Zucchini Chickpea Veggie Burger Recipe
Make your veggie burger totally vegan with this recipe where the “mayo” involved is plant-based, egg-free, dairy-free, non-GMO, gluten-free, kosher and is low in sodium with just 90 calories per serving. Produced by O’dang Foods, this Lemon Garlic “mayo” is made with chickpeas. It has a smooth and rich texture, as well as a bold taste.
> Until May 4, 2021, Buy ONE Get ONE FREE with coupon code CHICKPEA..
– 4 tablespoons tahini, divided
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 3 teaspoons white miso, divided
– 1 ¼ teaspoons onion powder, divided
– 1 ¼ teaspoons garlic powder, divided
– 1 ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
– 2 tablespoons water
– 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
– 1 can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves
– ½ cup shredded zucchini
– ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
– 1 tablespoon O’dang Lemon Garlic Mayo
• Combine 2 tablespoons tahini, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon miso, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
• Gradually whisk in water until the mixture is smooth.
• Stir in 1 teaspoon chives. Set aside.
• Place chickpeas, cumin, salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons tahini, 2 teaspoons miso, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper and 3/4 teaspoon onion powder in a food processor.
• Pulse, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides, until a coarse mixture forms that holds together when pressed.
• Add parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons chives; pulse until the herbs are finely chopped and incorporated into the mixture. Transfer to a bowl.
• Squeeze zucchini in a clean kitchen towel to remove extra moisture.
• Add the zucchini and oats to the chickpea mixture; use your hands to combine, pressing to mash together.
• Form into 4 patties.
• Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add the patties and cook until golden and beginning to crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes more.
• Serve the burgers on buns (or no) with O’dang Lemon Garlic Mayo, arugula and tomato slices.
> For more information, visit the O’dang Foods official website.