Cristina Curp’s Recipes for a Powerful Immune System
1. Salmon Noodle Soup
Serves 3 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
. 1-pound wild caught salmon, skin removed
. 1 ¼ teaspoon fine salt, divided
. 1 teaspoon ground mustard seeds
. 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
. 3 cups spiral sliced butternut squash (or gluten-free noodles)
. 3 cloves garlic, minced
. 2 sprigs thyme
. 3 cups bone broth
. 1 cup canned unsweetened, full fat coconut milk
. 2 cups arugula or spinach, chopped
. 1 tablespoon fish sauce
. Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Heat a soup pot over medium heat
2. Cut the salmon into 1-inch chunks, place them in a medium-sized bowl and toss them with 1 teaspoon of the salt and the ground mustard
3. Drizzle the olive oil in the pot and then add the salmon chunks. Sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the salmon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. Add the butternut squash (or noodles) and garlic to the pot and sauté for 8 minutes or until tender
5. Add in the remaining salt and thyme sprigs and sauté for 2 minutes
6. Pour in the bone broth and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the arugula, salmon chunks, fish sauce and lemon
8. Serve right away!