The American Wine Classic – 33rd Annual Wine Auction
2013: The Marvels & Miracles
Event Chairs: Garen and Shari Staglin of Staglin Family Vineyard
Beneficiaries: Programs benefiting healthcare and child development in Napa County
*** Raised: $16.9 million ***
– Saturday May 26, 2013: E-Auction Opens for online bids on 170 lots. Raised $430,000.
– Thursday May 30 and Friday May 31, 2013: Vintner Hosted Dinner Parties Private dinners are held at a multitude of prestigious wineries.
– Friday May 31, 2013: Napa Valley Barrel Auction Held at Raymond Vineyards with samples from 100 barrels 11 a.m.-4 p.m. with food by Napa Valley restaurants and food purveyors with a chance to sample wines from wineries participating in the E-auction. Raised $1.7 million — a new Auction Napa Valley record.
– Saturday June 1, 2013: Live Auction Celebration Gather at the prestigious Meadowood Napa Valley resort from noon-7 p.m. to bid on 45 mega lots. Lunch to be served on the lawn and dinner by Blackberry Farm’s chef Joseph Lenn and dance the night away. Auction newcomer Dana Estates took the highest bid at $1.02 million as owner Hi Sang Lee doubled the lot when it initially reached $500,000. Total raised $11.1 million (not including Lot 46 below).
Bid on Lot 46: Marvels to Miracles, receiving nothing in return, but donating directly to this year’s auction beneficiaries: raised $3.7 million. The lucky winner of a 2014 Audi R8 Spyder will be announced following Lot 46. Five hundred raffle tickets to be sold for $1,000 each.
– Sunday June 2, 2013: Auction Farewell Time to say goodbye and meet the 2014 Honorary Chairs and Vintners back at Meadowood Napa Valley on the lawn 10 a.m.-noon.