Mustard Beef and Broccoli Rice Sheet Pan Stir Fry Recipe
Serves 4 | Prep: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
Did you know that mustard and broccoli are a match made in heaven? Adding mustard seed to your cooked broccoli increases the bioavailability of sulforaphane. This sulfur-rich compound does a lot of cool stuff: it’s anti-cancer, a blood sugar regulator, and all-around cell modulator.
. 1 pound stir fry beef, sirloin strips
. ¼ teaspoon baking soda
. 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
. 6 cups riced broccoli, fresh
. 4 cloves of garlic, minced
. 1 teaspoon fine salt
. 1 teaspoon ground mustard seed
. 1 teaspoon onion powder
. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
. ½ teaspoon ground ginger
. 1 ½ tablespoons coconut aminos
. 1 teaspoon fish sauce
. 2 tablespoon olive oil
. 1 tablespoon sesame oil
. 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Place an oven rack in the middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss the beef and baking soda together in a large bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes
3. Add the remaining ingredients, except the sesame oil and seeds, and toss to combine. Let everything marinate while the oven comes to temperature.
4. Spread out the beef and rice mix over a sheet pan in a thin, even layer. If the layer is thicker than about an 1 inch, or the meat is crowded, divide the mixture between 2 sheet pans.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 18-20 minutes, or until the beef is just cooked through and the riced broccoli has toasty bits
6. Use a spatula to scrape up the stir fry and serve in three bowls. Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with sesame seeds.
7. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. To reheat, sauté on medium heat for 8 minutes.