Chocolate Mousse Recipe
I insist, there is one, and only one, chocolate mousse recipe! Here it is. It only involves chocolate and eggs — and nothing else.
It is simple, and cannot be missed — just make sure you have a good quality chocolate. Follow the step by step instructions with the photos below.
• Find more of GAYOT’s gourmet recipes for Thanksgiving dinner at home.
– 200 gr. / 7 oz. of dark chocolate
– 6 eggs at room temperature
– cut the chocolate in pieces
– melt it in the microwave. Start with 1 minute, check and add 1 or 2 minutes, depending on your microwave power. Be careful not to burn it. Let it cool down.
– separate the eggs
– once the chocolate is lukewarm, add the egg yolks. Mix.
– beat the egg whites firmly. Add a pinch of salt before you start.
– in the dish you will be serving the mousse, slowly mix the egg whites (you don’t want to “break” them) and the chocolate, adding small batches as and when
– cover the dish. Put in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
> Sophie‘s Choice: Chocoholics will love the extra taste with chocolate shavings to add and mix at the end.