Effortless Falafel Sliders Recipe with Lemon Tahini Slaw
TV Chef George Duran has partnered with Kayco, one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of kosher foods. The company distributes new products to the general market beyond kosher to meet the demands of consumers looking for optional products that are healthful, convenient and/or for restricted diets and lifestyles. Mighty Sesame Co.® is one of them. It is a “squeeze-and-serve” tahini, made from sustainably sourced sesame seeds. You can use it on just about everything, from sandwiches, to salads, to dips, and beyond. The Mighty Sesame Squeezable Tahini lineup includes Organic, Whole Seed, and Harissa varieties.
Chef Duran has created this falafel sliders recipe around Mighty Sesame Tahini: it is the sauce that makes the dish so tasty.
Makes 6 sliders
– 6 frozen falafels, slightly thawed
– olive oil
– 6 brioches or Hawaiian-style slider rolls, cut in half lengthwise
– 1/2 c. Mighty Sesame Co. Organic Tahini | BUY NOW!
– 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
– juice of 1 lemon
– 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
– 2 cups finely shredded white cabbage
– 2 medium radishes, cut into thin matchsticks
– 1/2 cup grated carrots
– bread and butter pickle slices, optional
Follow the step-by-step instructions in the video above.
• Pour olive oil into a sauté pan until pan is covered completely and turn on medium-high heat.
• Once oil begins to shimmer, add falafels and fry on both sides until golden brown.
• Use a cup or a flat object to carefully press down on each falafel as it is being fried to the shape and size of the bun. It is ok if the falafel breaks apart – it can be assembled later for each bun.
• Make slaw by whisking the first four ingredients together in a small bowl and adding water until reaching the consistency of dressing.
• Mix shredded cabbage, radishes, and carrots in a medium bowl and mix in half of the tahini dressing to coat.
• Assemble sliders by placing a few (optional) pickles onto an open bun, then a fried falafel on top.
• Spoon some tahini dressing on the falafel and then some slaw.
• Top with bun and serve immediately.