Gluten-free Yogurt Cranberry Cake Recipe
Chef Akasha Richmond became a chef almost by accident. After working as a private chef and a caterer, she opened Akasha restaurant in Culver City, California, in 2008. She loves to travel to get culinary inspirations.
1 cup gluten-free 1-1 flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup olive oil
2 oz. unsalted butter (softened)
1 & 1/3 cups (organic) sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 container vanilla yogurt
1 & ½ cups fresh cranberries
1/3 cup chopped almonds for topping
1 tablespoon sugar for topping
– Grease a 10” round baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 345°F.
– Mix gluten-free flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt in a bowl.
– In a standing or hand mixer, cream the butter and olive oil. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add citrus zest and eggs, one at a time, and cream well for about 2 minutes.
– Add flour mixture and yogurt in three parts, starting and ending dry.
– Scrape into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool. Remove from pan.