Best Summer Cocktails
Easy Best Summer Cocktail Recipes for Warm Days
Summer is the time to concoct refreshing and thirst-quenching drinks. Whether your taste leans towards vodka, cider, gin or aperol, GAYOT’s Best Summer Cocktails are perfect for sipping poolside, serving at a barbecue or whipping up just because, you know, summer.
> Of course, some hot days call for popping open one of these great summer beers, or for mixing together a classic cocktail instead. The choice is yours.
1. Frozen Strawberry Negroni
This fruity take on the classic Negroni cocktail is just what you need this summer.
• Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
• Garnish with a strawberry and orange slice.
> Courtesy of Jeremy Ortel of Donna in Brooklyn, NY, U.S.A.
2. The Summer Kick-Off
This specialty cocktail from Monarch Rooftop & Indoor Lounge offers an escape from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan.
– 1 oz. fig vodka
– 1/2 oz. lemon juice
– 1/2 oz. simple syrup
– 1/2 oz. blue Curaçao
– splash of Prosecco
Add ingredients to a shaker with ice, shake gently and strain. Top with a splash of Prosecco and garnish with strawberries.
> Courtesy of Monarch Rooftop Lounge, New York, NY, U.S.A.
3. Hinterland Punch
Courtesy of Josh Mazza
This floral cocktail is an upgrade from your standard punch bowl.
• Add edible flowers to tea and freeze in a bread pan.
• Combine other ingredients in a punch bowl.
• Add frozen tea and flowers
• Cut berries and add into punch.
> Courtesy of Josh Mazza
4. Aperol Peach Spritz
Courtesy of Lucinda Sterling of Middle Branch, New York, NY, U.S.A.
Get into a beach state of mind with this refresher.
• Add ingredients to a shaker with ice.
• Shake gently
• Serve in a rocks glass over ice with Prosecco and a dash of club soda.
> Courtesy of Lucinda Sterling of Middle Branch, New York, NY, U.S.A.
5. Green With Envy
This tall drink of green is smooth, sweet and fresh.
• Combine Chardonnay, green tea, cucumber syrup, Lillet and lime juice into a Collins glass.
• Fill with ice and garnish with a cucumber ribbon inside the glass and mint sprig on top.
* Cucumber Syrup: Juice 1 cucumber and combine 16 ounces with equal parts simple syrup.
6. The Director’s Cut
This delightful drink is well-suited for any outdoor party.
– 3 oz. Bai Bubbles Gimbi Pink Grapefruit
– 1 oz. gin
• Add ingredients to a shaker with ice, shake gently and strain.
• Garnish with a grapefruit twist.
7. Stella Artois Cidre Cimosa
This sweet cimosa is all you need on a summer’s day.
-12 oz. orange juice
– 12 oz. Stella Artois Cidre
• Mix ingredients together in a large pitcher.
• Pre-chill wine glasses with ice cubes and discard the ice before pouring in the cocktail.
8. Suntory Whisky TOKI Highball
A favorite of whisky drinkers in Japan during the summer, the Highball cocktail is simple, refreshing and sure to impress your guests.
– Toki Whisky
– Sparking water
– Lemon for garnish
*The optimal proportion for a Toki Highball is 1 part Toki to 3.5 parts sparkling water.
• Break a block of ice into roughly-hewn pieces and fill a tall glass to the brim.
• Add a measure of whisky and, using a long-handled mixing spoon.
• Stir 5 – 10 times to cool the whisky and the glass to the ideal temperature.
• Add a little more ice, once again filling the glass to the brim.
• To avoid melting the ice or bursting the bubbles, pour the chilled sparkling water in along the side of the glass or down the spoon.
• Dip the mixing spoon in and out of the drink one last time, without stirring.
• Add a twist of lemon.
> Courtesy of Suntory Whisky