Mediterranean Hummus Nachos Recipe
I like this version of “nachos” created by O’dang Foods — it’s a colorful and vegetarian snack to be shared with family and friends. When you read the list of ingredients, it calls to mind the Mediterranean diet, which is reputed to be a healthy one. That includes the hummus O’dang dressing, which is plant-based with lower sodium and lower fat than other dressings, resulting in fewer calories. The product is also non-GMO, gluten-free and contains whole ingredients and no fillers.
– 8 white or wheat pita bread pieces, cut into wedges
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 teaspoons salt, divided
– 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
– 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
– 2 medium Persian cucumbers, 2 sliced and 1 finely chopped
– ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped, divided
– ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped, divided
– ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped, divided
– 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped, divided
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– ½ cup pitted green or black olives, sliced
– ¼ cup crumbled feta
– ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
– O’dang Classic Mediterranean dressing (creamy garlic and zesty lemon)
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
• Divide the pita wedges among two large baking sheets.
• Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Toss to combine and then give the pans a shake to ensure the wedges are in a single layer.
• Bake until golden brown and crunchy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
• Toss halfway through baking, for even crunchiness.
• In a small bowl, toss together the cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, 1 tablespoon olive oil, red wine vinegar, mint, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper until evenly combined. Set aside.
• To assemble, combine the toasted pita chips onto one baking dish or serving platter.
• Drizzle the top with the O’dang Classic Mediterranean dressing.
• Then top with the marinated tomatoes and cucumbers, olives, red onion, feta, fresh mint, parsley and remaining dill.
• Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
> For more information, visit the O’dang Foods official website.