Summer Tasting Menu at Katsuya L.A. Live | Downtown, Los Angeles, CA
Downtown Los Angeles, August 2022
• GAYOT’s Rating: 14/20
• Cuisine: Sushi / Japanese
• Open: Dinner Mon.-Sun. 5:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
• Katsuya Downtown is on GAYOT’s:
– LA Downtown Best Romantic Restaurants
– LA Best Sexy Restaurants
– LA Downtown Best Takeout & Delivery Restaurants
– LA Downtown Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants
While I missed the June and July special tasting menus at the fourth location of Katsuya, which opened back in 2009, I made the time to go and try the August one: “A taste of Okinawa.” Master sushi chef Katsuya Uechi was inspired by the region he is from in Japan.
The omakase menu is priced at $55 and offers three courses and dessert (see photos below). It includes Katsuya’s famous Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice (#yummy). It is an extremely good value. Add to that the décor by world-wide celebrated designer Philippe Starck, and you should be very satisfied by your evening.