Inspired by Matthew Perry | Thanksgiving Cocktails
When Matthew Perry inspires Friendsgiving Cocktails
Geraldine’s, the restaurant and bar located on the fourth floor of Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt in Austin’s famed Rainey Street District, is celebrating Thanksgiving with special craft cocktails paying homage to the main characters of the beloved American sitcom, Friends, where we now miss Matthew Perry, gone too soon.
1. Ms. Chanandler Bong
This cocktail pays tribute to the moment when Chandler receives the TV Guide, but it is addressed wrong, misspelling his name. The smoked cocktail also plays on the fact that Chandler was an on-again-off-again smoker.
– 1 ½ oz Wild Turkey 101 Rye
– ½ oz Cardamaro
– 3 dash ginger citrus bitters
• Combine all ingredients and stir.
• Put in smoking vessel.
• Rocks glass with large ice cube on the side.
2. Traditional English Trifle
Monica permits Rachel, a notoriously poor cook, to make a dessert for their Thanksgiving celebration if Rachel follows a specific English trifle recipe from the cookbook. The pages are stuck together in the cookbook, so she makes half of an English trifle, and half a shepherd’s pie. This gin cocktail, made with Botanist Gin, cranberry, vanilla bean whipped cream, honeysuckle liqueur, and lemon, is served up with a garnish of beef jerky to pay homage to the hilarious shepherd’s pie English trifle mash up.
– 1 ½ oz gin
– ¼ oz cranberry juice
– ½ oz Giffard Vanille de Madagascar
– ¼ oz Martine Honeysuckle Liqueur
– ¼ oz lemon juice
– ¼ oz whipped cream
– nutmeg, to taste
– stick of beef jerky to garnish (optional)
• Shake gin, cranberry juice, Giffard Vanille de Madagascar, Martine Honeysuckle Liqueur, and lemon juice in shaker with ice.
• Strain into glass.
• Top with whipped cream and shave nutmeg.
• Add option garnish of beef jerky.