Salmon in Puffed Pastry (Feuilleté au Saumon)
Follow the step-by-step instructions with the photos below.
– One 1.50 oz. salmon fillet
– 1 small bag of spinach
– 5 oz. of mushrooms
– 1 shallot
– 1 puffed pastry
– 1 egg yolk
– 1.50 oz. of butter
• Cook the spinach in a pan with butter, salt and pepper.
• Let the spinach cool down. Make sure to drain the water.
• In the same pan, cook the shallot with butter. Add the mushrooms, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
• Let it cool down.
• Unroll the puffed pastry.
• Cut 3 small strips for decoration.
• Put the salmon on one side of the puffed pastry.
• Put salt, pepper and dill on the salmon.
• Cover the entire salmon with the mushrooms, then the spinach.
• Add salt, pepper, tarragon and dill.
• Close the puffed pastry. Put some water between the edges, and close. Press.
• Use a fork to draw lines on the edges.
• Add the small strips of puffed pastry on top.
• Poke 3 small holes in the puffed pastry.
• Pre-heat the oven at 350° F.
• Set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
• Beat the egg yolk. Brush it on the puffed pastry.
• Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes on top of parchment paper.
• Take it out. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
• Cut in large slices
Michèle’s tip: serve it with crème fraiche mixed with salt, pepper, dill and lemon.