Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
This is a classic, always yummy for family and friends. Find below a version brought to us by The Jersey Tomato Co. of which “Top Chef” Tom Colicchio is the spokesperson.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 1 carrot, diced
– 1 celery stalk, diced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– ½ pound ground beef, 80% lean
– 6 oz. ground Italian sausage, sweet or spicy
– 1 cup red wine
– 18 oz. The Jersey Tomato Co. Marinara Sauce
– 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, or 1/4 tsp dry
– 1 teaspoon fresh sage, or 1/4 tsp dry
– salt/pepper, to taste
– 12 oz. spaghetti
– Fresh parsley, to garnish
– Parmesan cheese, to garnish
• Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan
• Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook until softened. About 5 minutes.
• Add the meat and cook for 10 additional minutes, crumbling and stirring occasionally.
• Deglaze the pan with the wine.
• Add The Jersey Tomato Co. Marinara Sauce and seasonings. Let simmer for one hour, partially covered.
• Taste it and season with salt and pepper if desired.
• Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain well. Use kitchen tongs to toss the spaghetti into the saucepan with the pasta sauce.
• Garnish with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve!