Healthy Food in NYCA heart-healthy diet should be low in sodium, cholesterol and saturated fat — but that doesn’t mean the food has to be lacking in flavor. These Best Heart-Healthy Restaurants in New York offer diet-friendly food that will help you to both eat well and live well.
> The restaurants are presented in alphabetical order.
1. abcVFlatiron District, NYC Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s third restaurant in the ABC Carpet & Home building, abcV presents creativity in vegetable dishes that’s unusual and welcome, and the combination of flavors is intriguing. The bright, airy cafeteria-like setting has an open kitchen and clean white and green décor.
2. Cafe CloverGreenwich Village, NYC Cafe Clover in Greenwich Village puts an emphasis on simple, health-conscious, seasonal fare with much of the menu geared toward plant-eaters. RESERVE NOW!
3. Candle 79Upper East Side, NYC Gourmet vegan cuisine is the mantra at Candle 79 on New York’s Upper East Side. RESERVE NOW!
Community Food & Juice is the place to come for healthy eating on the Upper West Side.
5. DimesLower East Side, NYC Enjoy health-conscious California-inspired food at Dimes, a cozy Lower East Side spot where the vibe is always friendly.
Foragers Table, the vegetables, eggs and herbs come from the Chelsea restaurant’s own 28-acre farm.
7. IndayFlatiron District, NYC Inday, which is truncated for the phrase “India every day,” is a Flatiron District spot serving up health-conscious fare with an Indian accent.
Chef Franklin Becker’s homage to health-conscious fare in Murray Hill is a big hit, particularly with vegetarians. RESERVE NOW!
9. Little ParkTriBeCa, NYC Andrew Carmellini’s Little Park in TriBeCa offers a market-driven menu that’s dominated by vegetables and loaded with hyper-local products. RESERVE NOW!
10. Loring PlaceWest Village, NYC Chef Dan Kluger offers farm-to-table dining at Loring Place in the West Village. On the menu are seasonal pastas and pizzas crafted with locally sourced ingredients, vegetarian fare and more.
Nanoosh Mediterranean Goodness offers a menu of meaty and veggie wraps, plus organic quickies like Moroccan lentil soup, salads, hummus bowls and customizable plates.